The development of the whole child both academically and emotionally is our priority.
We hope to provide children with positive, empowering experiences throughout their time at Crofton Hammond enabling a child’s wellbeing, learning and growth. A way in which we endeavour to do this is through participating in various roles of responsibility.
We hope various roles across the school provide a meaningful way in which pupils can voice opinions and have their views and experiences taken into account in decisions which impact upon them.
Roles within our school include:
- A school council representative in each class – lead Mrs Main and Miss Gore (annually voted in)
- A new arrival ambassador in each class – lead Mrs Newman (annually children apply for the post)
- A Eco representative in each class – lead Mrs Main (annually voted in)
- Health and Fitness ambassadors in each class (HAFAs) – lead Mrs Scarborough (annually voted for)
- Active leader – lead Mr Elliott and Ms Poole (Year 5 2019/20 cohort trained by an outside agency – role applied and interview for)
- Year 6 Reading ambassadors – lead Mrs Main and Mrs West
- Year 6 Head boys and girls x 4 roles (selected by staff each term)
- Year 6 Peer mentors x 4 roles (selected by staff each term)
- Year 6 lunchtime office team (role applied for in September)
- Year 6 music monitors – lead Mrs Acketts
- Year 6 colour group monitors
Additional roles of responsibilities include hall monitors, water bottle monitors, lunchtime shed roles and general classroom organisation roles.