Crofton Hammond Junior School aims to educate and support all of those who work here, both children and adults. We strive to encourage each individual’s intellectual, physical, emotional, social, moral, spiritual and cultural development. The school endeavours to create a dynamic environment for children where they can be happy, value themselves and respect others, grow in confidence and gain knowledge and skills for the world of today and tomorrow.
Aims of the School
• To use the curriculum, the school and wider environment to provide a stimulating and supportive learning environment, which will challenge and motivate each child to be able work to the best of his or her ability
• To provide a caring happy community where each person is valued and their contributions and views respected
• To foster independence by giving children opportunities to plan and execute their own work, but also to encourage them to support and learn from others
• To encourage high standards of work and presentation, and develop qualities of perseverance and self-discipline
• To foster creativity of thought and nurture our children’s natural curiosity, enthusiasm and interest
Crofton Hammond Junior School is a non-denominational community school maintained by Hampshire Children’s Services and provides education for children aged 7 to 11. We have approximately 250 children arranged in eight classes.
The school lies near the centre of Stubbington which is a large, pleasant residential village situated in Southern Hampshire near the Solent. It lies on the edge of the Borough of Fareham and is in easy reach of Gosport, Portsmouth and Southampton. The school shares a site with Crofton Hammond Infant School.
The school was opened in April 1974 as a semi open plan building. Since that time the teaching areas have become more enclosed but we have maintained the flexibility of the site by installing sliding doors to the classrooms. The school comprises four connecting pairs of classrooms facing shared work areas. There is a multi-purpose hall equipped for P.E. and a well stocked library. In 2008 a new extension has added a purpose built computer suite and a music/drama room.
The extensive school grounds are an excellent resource with a conservation area, including a pond and a large school field.
Arrangements for visits
Visits to the school from prospective parents are warmly welcomed. Please telephone the school office to make an appointment.
All prospective Year 2 parents are invited to our Open Day held each Autumn Term.
Take a look around:
We encourage you to browse around our website, you will find details of our curriculum, school events, visitors and activities that serve to enliven the curriculum, alongside information about our after school clubs and extra curricular activities that your children can participate in. Our school is a happy friendly place to be. If this is your first contact with our school, we look forward to meeting you soon!
Miss A Russell